My name is brennan and I'm a freelance industrial designer and 3D artist. My degree is in mechanical design and over a career I've helped everyone from international factories to napkin-sketch startups turn their ideas into physical or virtual reality.
I've done work for Coca-Cola, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Polaroid, DMG Entertainment, CBRE, AT&T, Need/Want, RED Digital Cinema plus more that we can't talk about but you've probably seen.
My favourite projects are the unusual ones: replica Apollo Hasselblads for a French documentary or gears for the insides of a Shanghai theme park attraction. From carbon microtube R&D testing with The University of Toronto, to an ancient Egyptian free-energy machine (seriously).
So my goal is to find people like you: people with never-tried-before ideas, will-this-work dreams, we're-the-first inventions — and then do them.
- I maintain a real time-ish feed of scrap renders and experiment things here as much as possible within NDAs.
- A weekly newsletter called Brennan's Book Club where I explore and reflect on books I'm reading.
- My personal youtube channel with miscellaneous 3D tutorials.
- My Thingiverse page with miscellaneous models and small builds.
- 3D artist for 2019 Manchester International Festival art game.
- Various projects for Arcturus Studio - a VR game and industrial design.
- Started an experimental brand called Arille making 3D printed art, jewelry and houseware industrial design.
- Critical Mass (Calgary, London, Tokyo) doing animation, video and AR models with Facebook's Spark AR and Snapchat Lens Studio.
- Joined Smart City Media doing architectural rendering and animation.
- Co-founded a podcast called Futureproof.chat with Jess Sloss.
- For all of 2017 I logged every pizza I ate on brennan.pizza (domain now retired)
- Started PHD in Curiosity, a weekly newsletter of varying topics both obscure and interesting. 52 issues / 1 year.
- Asgard Gear, a premium Magic the Gathering / TCG deck storage box company.
- DIY tutorials and shop builds on Forgelock.tv, a channel I film and edit with maker Alex Forrest.